Davido Vs Wizkid Net Worth: Who Is Richer?
Without a doubt, Wizkid and Davido are two of the most well-known musicians outside of Nigeria. They are so talented and versatile that they are recognized as Nigeria’s top two musicians. Wizkid and Davido have been contrasted regarding who is wealthier, who is a better artist, and who has more hit songs, much like the ongoing argument between Messi and Ronaldo and this has been ongoing for so nearly a decade, if not more.
Both Wizkid and Davido have collaborated with international artists like Chris Brown; Davido was the most recent of the two to do so. However, Wizkid expanded his global recognition after appearing in Beyonce’s “Brown Skin Girl” song, which was well received as soon as it was released. Wizkid is one of the very few musicians to have ever worked with Beyonce Knowles.
Who is the superior artist between Wizkid and Davido is still an open debate. How much are they worth? Who is wealthier? Who sings better and has received more attention and awards outside of Nigeria? Who has more pregnant women? Some of these and other issues are frequently raised during the Davido vs. Wizkid comparison, which will be covered in this piece.
In order to arrive at a proper viewpoint on who is richer between Davido and Wizkid, it is important that we look at their endorsement deals, revenue sources and assets.
Wizkid is the CEO of Starboy Entertainment and one of Nigeria’s biggest musicians. Wizkid rose to fame on the back of Banky W’s EME record label where he was signed to and made his mark in the music industry after his Starboy debut album which catapulted his career. Since then, Wizkid has soared and has been one of the biggest acts ever to come out of Nigeria.
The net worth of Ayodeji Balogun, better known by his stage name Wizkid or Starboy, is determined by taking into account all of his sources of income. Despite being a well-known international performer, Wizkid’s income comes from various sources of revenue, including sponsorship contracts, digital streams, and performance fees. Wizkid is regarded as one of the richest musicians in Nigeria.
The value of Wizkid’s endorsement deal with Pepsi reportedly stands around $350,000 and is measured in hundreds of millions of naira.
Although the endorsement deal with telecommunication giants, MTN, is no longer running but Wizkid and MTN signed an endorsement deal for N30 million in 2013.
Wizkid moved on from MTN and signed with Nigerian indigenous telecommunication provider, Globacom for an endorsement deal reportedly worth N180 million in 2015.
Other Global Brands
In the past, Wizkid has also signed some sponsorship deals with global brands such as Dolce and Gabbana, reportedly worth $10,000 and with brands such as Ciroc, Nike, Puma, Guinness, all for undisclosed amounts. Unfortunately, active endorsement deals of Wizkid can’t exactly be traced. His Instagram pages have little to no pictures of himself which could indicate that he has no current endorsement deals running because brands would expect that their ads or partnership runs on the celebrity’s page constantly.
Here are some of the cars Wizkid has bought in the past and how much they were worth:
|Mercedes Benz G63 AMG||$160,000|
|2009 BMW X6||N11 Million|
|2013 Porsche Panamera||N14 Million|
|2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible||N50 Million|
|2018 Lamborghini Urus||$280,000|
|2013 Porsche Cayenne||N18 million|
|2022 Royce Rolls Black Badge||N500,000|
|2021 Lamborghini Aventador||$400,000|
|2022 Mercedez-Benz Maybach||$185,000|
Owing to the fact that Wizkid prefers to keep a low profile off of social media, it is somewhat difficult to track his current and latest cars as well as acquisition. However, on September 7th, 2022, Wizkid bought three (3) cars in one day namely; a Royce Rolls Black Badge, a Lamborghini Aventador, and a Mercedez-Benz Maybach from Moa Global Services, a US-based car dealer, with all three vehicle totaling $1.4 million after tax. According to Moa Global Services, Wizkid’s three latest car additions means the star musician now has a total of seven cars.
In 2013, Starboy paid N68 million to purchase his first property. The property is located in Lekki, a very affluent neighborhood in Lagos, Nigeria. His other two residences are located, respectively, in Surulere, Nigeria, and Los Angeles, California. According to reports, the three-storey property in Los Angeles was purchased in 2016 for approximately $3 million while the home in Surulere reportedly cost N13 million.
Wizkid Net Worth
As of October 2022, Ayodeji Balogun, popularly known as Starboy and Wizkid has a net worth of $18 million, making him one of the richest musicians in Nigeria and Africa.
David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, or “Omo Baba Olowo” (O.B.O), transliterated as “the son of the wealthy man” is no doubt one of the big names in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Davido’s hype and nickname is indeed a testament that the musician basks in obscene wealth and surprisingly, not just from his father but as a result of his very own sweat.
The net worth of David Adedeji Adeleke, better known by his stage name Davido or O.B.O, is determined by taking into account all of his sources of income. Despite being a well-known international performer, Davido’s income comes from various sources of revenue, including sponsorship contracts, digital streams, and performance fees. Davido is regarded as one of the richest musicians in Nigeria.
Like Wizkid, Davido was also signed to Pepsi in a deal reportedly worth over N100 million in 2016, about four years later when Wizkid was signed. Fans often compare Davido and Wizkid to one another because of their comparable endorsement contracts. Davido’s deal with Pepsi is still running as of 2022.
Martell Blue Swift
In June 2021, Davido sealed a deal with Martell, a French cognac company for their Martell Blue Swift brand reportedly worth $5 million. The deal propelled his earnings even further.
In May 2022, Davido was signed to 1xbet, a popular bookmaker with presence in over twenty countries across the globe in a multi-million Naira deal. Although the value of the endorsement was not made known to the public by the musician, it is believed that Davido bagged about N200 million from the deal.
In 2018, Davido signed a multi-million Naira deal with Infinix, a child company of Transsion Holdings (the same company who owns the Itel and Tecno brands). Details of the deal was kept away from the public.
Similarly with Wizkid, Davido was also signed as a brand ambassador to MTN Nigeria, specifically to its MTN Pulse in 2012 in a deal reportedly worth N30 million at the time. While it is unsure whether the deal has ended or still ongoing, Davido and MTN’s partnership ran for over four years, with the telecommunication company renewing the deal every year.
In 2013, Davido signed an endorsement deal with Guinness for an undisclosed multi-million Naira deal. As a matter of fact, Davido was signed same time alongside Wizkid and Olamide by Guinness. However, details of the deal were never made public.
In April 2021, Davido signed a multi-million Naira endorsement deal with Viva Plus, a detergent brand owned by Aspira Nigeria Limited. However, details of the deal was never made public.
Around December 2021, Davido became a nationwide sensation after he bagged an endorsement deal with Puma reportedly worth $3 million.
Davido, more than any other Nigerian musician owns fleet of cars that are the most expensive. Here are some of Davido luxury cars:
|2021 Rolls Royce Cullinan||N170 million|
|Lamborghini Huracán||N100+ million|
|2018 Bentley Bentayga||N90 million|
|2021 Rolls Royce Cullinan||N240 million|
|Mercedes-AMG GLS63||N45 million|
|Mercedes Benz G63 AMG||N21 million|
|2018 Audi R8 Coupe||$166,000|
|Porsche Panamera Turbo S||N58 million|
|Chevrolet Camaro||N17 million|
Below is a video of Davido taking delivery of his N100+ million Lamborghini Huracan:
Davido current has three homes in Lagos and the United States. His two homes in Nigeria are situated in Lekki (cost him N140 million) and Banana Island (cost him $1.5 million) while his US home is situated in Atlanta, Georgia (reportedly cost him $4 million), where he was born. Davido also owns a multi-million-dollar home in Miami, with the value unknown.
Davido Net Worth
As of October 2022, David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido or O.B.O has a net worth of $20 million, making him one of the richest musicians in Nigeria and Africa.
Davido vs Wizkid Endorsement Deals
Below, we have compiled a table of well researched endorsement deals between Wizkid and Davido and the worth of the deals as well as the status of each endorsement deals. Note that some of these endorsement deals are no longer active. A deal that is no longer active means either the contract has expired or that the people involved failed to renew, thus bringing an end to the contract.
- MTN Pulse (Non-active): Reportedly worth N30 million a year, from 2012 – 2016.
- Pepsi (Active): Signed in 2016 for N100 million at the time.
- Guinness (Non-active): Signed in 2013 for an undisclosed amount.
- Martell Blue Swift (Active): Signed in 2021 and reportedly worth $5 million.
- Infinix (Active): Signed in 2018 for N150 million.
- 1xbet (Active): Signed in 2022 and reportedly worth N200 million.
- Viva Plus (Active): Signed in 2021 for an undisclosed amount.
- Puma (Active): Signed in 2021 and reportedly worth $4 million.
- Travelbeta (Active): Signed in 2019 and reportedly worth N65 million
- AXE (Non-active): Signed in 2018 and reportedly worth N120 million
- Close Up (Non-active): Signed in 2014 and reportedly worth N60 million.
- Wema Bank (Active): Signed in 2022 and reportedly worth N95 million.
- Pennek (Active): Signed in 2020 and reportedly worth N75 million.
- Bitsika (Active): Signed in 2020 and reportedly worth N50 million.
- MTN Nigeria (Non-active): Signed in 2013 and reportedly worth N110 million.
- Pepsi (Active): Signed in 2016 for over N100 million at the time.
- Globacom (Non-active): Signed in 2015 and reportedly worth
- Guinness (Non-active): Signed in 2013 for an undisclosed amount.
- Dolce & Gabbana (Non-active): Signed in 2018 for $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) at the time.
- Puma (Non-active): Signed in 2020 and reportedly worth $3 million.
- Nike (Non-active): Signed in 2018 and reportedly worth $500,000 (five hundred thousand dollars) at the time.
- Ciroc (Non-active): Signed in 2018 and reportedly worth N70 at the time.
Davido and Wizkid Earning Facts
- Davido is the richest Instagram musician in Africa and the second-richest celebrity on Instagram, with each of his posts valued at $131,000, according to Hopper HQ. The only richest African celebrity on Instagram that beats Davido per post is Egyptian footballer, Mohammed Salah.
- Wizkid is the fourth-richest Instagram celebrity in Nigeria and the seventh-richest celebrity in Africa on Instagram, with each of his posts valued at $93,000, according to Hopper HQ. He falls behind to the likes of Davido, Funke Akindele, Yemi Alade and Tiwa Savage in Nigeria.
- In terms of endorsements, Davido earns far more than Wizkid could ever earn as most of his endorsements are no longer active or expired.
- According to findings, Davido’s hyperactivity and interaction on social media is a major reason why brands find Davido to be preferred between the duo.
- Owing to Wizkid’s social media use and interaction, Davido is more bankable; meaning he is able to rake in more earnings and success in brand endorsements.
- Davido has more brand endorsements compared to any Nigerian musician in Nigeria and Africa and remains one of the most bankable celebrities on the continent.
- The fact that Wizkid no longer lives in Nigeria but in the United States is one reasons why Nigerian brands or businesses operating in Nigeria might not find him suitable as their preferred.
Who is Richer Between Davido and Wizkid in 2022?
As of October 2022, Davido is richer than Wizkid and has an estimated net worth of $20 million while Wizkid has an estimated net worth of $18 million. Davido is slightly richer and has more brand endorsements than Wizkid. Davido is also the richest musician on Instagram rich list for 2022, with each of his Instagram post valued at $131,000 while Wizkid’s is $93 per post, according to Hopper HQ.