How to Use Netflix in Nigeria
It’s no secret that Netflix is now available in Nigeria, where you can subscribe to its basic plan and view thousands of movies on your TV, mobile device, Play Station, and Xbox for as little as N1,200 – N2,900 a month.
If you were unaware, Netflix is currently the most popular website for streaming movies and TV series, and I have a hunch it would compete favorably against some subscriptions Nigerians are used to.
As a result, if you are in dark on how to use Netflix in Nigeria, pay rapt attention to this piece as the main essence is to shed light to it.
How To Create Netflix Account
In order for you to make use of Netflix in Nigeria. The first major step that’d determine it is the creation of your Netflix Account. Therefore, meticulously follow through the steps given below in order to create your Netflix account.
- Open a web browser on your preferred Mac, PC, or smartphone.
- Visit the www.netflix.com website and adhere to the instructions to create an account.
- Your email address will be required by the website to verify your identity, along with a payment method like a credit or debit account number.
- After selecting your desired level of service, complete the online application.
Netflix Payment Methods in Nigeria
There are two Netflix payment methods in Nigeria that would guarantee you to make use of your Netflix account. However, it seems like many persons are not knowledgeable of this. Therefore, go through the methods given below to know the methods for the payment in Nigeria.
- You can easily use your debit card (Master Card or Visa Card) to make a payment for Netflix.
- Also, you can easily use your PayPal account to make a payment for Netflix. Note, any of the two methods are easy to use, you just have to go for the one easiest to you.
Remember that after your free trial period of one month has expired, you can choose to cancel or allow Netflix to automatically charge you for one month. The first month is free. Before you can take advantage of the free one month, you will need to register and supply payment information.
So, the days of fooling NETFLIX into thinking you are in the USA so that you can use their services are long gone.
Steps To Use Netflix in Nigeria
Based on the subject matter, in this section of this piece, the steps on how to use Netflix in Nigeria will be detailed and explicitly given. Therefore, your main focus should be the understanding of the article and carefully going through them. Here’s how to use Netflix in Nigeria.
- Visit the Netflix website to sign up.
- Install the Netflix app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and sign up.
- Select “Start Your Free Month” to begin.
- Choose a plan of your choosing.
Based on the plans, keep in mind that you have unrestricted access to all of the Netflix titles that are available in your nation. The ability to stream simultaneously from multiple devices depends on your plan.
4 Types of Netflix Plans in Nigeria
There are 4 Netflix plans available for Nigerians to choose from. However, only 3 of the Netflix plans allows you in order to stream simultaneously from multiple devices; they are the Basic Plan, Standard Plan and Premium Plan, therefore, go through their explanation below to know the one best for you based on your finance and other reasons best known to you. They are.
|Monthly cost of Netflix plans in Nigeria||1,200 NGN||2,900 NGN||3,600 NGN||4,400 NGN|
|Number of screens you can watch on at the same time||1||1||2||4|
|Number of phones or tablets you can have downloads on||1||1||2||4|
|Unlimited movies, TV shows and mobile games||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Watch on your mobile phone and tablet||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Watch on your laptop and TV||✓||✓||✓|
|Ultra HD available||✓|
After choosing a plan, simply click “Start Membership” to begin your first month of free membership. Keep in mind that you can cancel your free membership at any time before the end of the first month and there will be no fees.
Please be aware that after entering your card information, Netflix will deduct $1 from your account. The $1 will be credited back to your account as confirmation that your payment information was accurate.